This is Your Union
The Cincinnati Federation of Teachers is a union of professionals who champions the social and economic well-being of our members, Cincinnati’s children, families, working people and communities. We are committed to advancing these principles through community engagement, organizing, collective bargaining and political activism and especially through our members’ work.
- All citizens have access to high-quality public education, and public services they need to develop their full potential.
- A strong public education system with effective schools, quality teaching and learning conditions, and equal education opportunity for all students.
- A genuine profession for all teachers and public employees expanding professional skills for our members and cultivating emerging leaders.
- Public services are provided by our members and the foundation of a strong democratic society.
The Cincinnati Federation of Teaachers is a union of professionals who champions the social and economic well-being of our members, Cincinnati’s children, families, working people and communities. We are committed to advancing these principles through community engagement, organizing, collective bargaining and political activism and especially through our members’ work.
- Promoting the welfare of Cincinnati’s students and fostering education opportunities.
- Advocating and promoting our Mission and Vision with collective bargaining, political activism, member engagement and mobilization, community engagement and organizing.
- We will support our members, so they can have the highest level of professionalism.
The Cincinnati Federation of Teachers • Cincinnati Federation of Office Professionals (CFT/CFOP) is a professional, progressive union.
Our dues-paying members make all of our work possible. If you are a CFT member, thank you! Please ask your colleagues to share in supporting our work on their behalf. If you are not yet a member, please take this opportunity to join.
As a CFT member, you have access to the CFT Staff who advocate for you, answer your questions and help you resolve conflicts and issues at your work site. You also have access to member benefits through the American Federation of Teachers (AFT), our national union. On an even larger scale, you will be helping us to advocate for your profession and for public education on local, state and national levels.
There are many ways you can get involved in CFT. You can attend our many professional support programs. As educators, we need to be able to analyze and reflect on our practice to refine and improve our instruction. Acquiring this knowledge and developing our practice requires the sharing of knowledge among our fellow educators. Unique to the world of education, we know that teachers teaching teachers is the most powerful professional learning.
One of the most important ways members can become involved is to make a voluntary additional contribution to the Committee on Political Education (COPE). By law, union dues cannot be used for political endorsements or campaign contributions; however, in Ohio, much of our funding for public education comes from the state legislature. It is IMPERATIVE that we have education-friendly legislators. The COPE committee interviews candidates and makes recommendations based on their stance on public education and working families issues. The committee financially supports our endorsed candidates’ campaigns, and more importantly, we work to elect them. We invite you to join CFT COPE with a regular contribution of your choice and get active to support political candidates that support us.
Meet the People Who Work for You
The Executive Council Officers
John P Parker
Western Hills High School
The Executive Council Committee Chairpersons
Richard "Chipp" Knudsen
Woodward Career Tech
Jacobs Center - CT/TES Office
Chandra M. Gardner
Dater High School
Aiken College & Career
The Executive Council Area Coordinators
Barb Santel - CFOP
Dater High School
Ronnie X Black