CFT/CFOP offers a modest scholarship opportunity for the high school senior dependents of all of our members AND for CFOP members who wish to pursue further education leading to a BA/BS degree.
Scholarship Guidelines 2023
- To encourage Cincinnati Public School Students to pursue teaching careers,
- To increase the number of minority teacher applicants for Cincinnati Public Schools,
- To assist the children of Cincinnati Federation of Teachers members in obtaining a college education; and,
- To assist CFOP members who wish to pursue further education leading to a BA/BS degree.
GUIDELINES FOR AWARDING CFT/CFOP SCHOLARSHIPS:
- Applications are available online:
- Applicants must be entering college for the first time, except CFOP members pursuing their own education. (CFOP members must take 6-9 credit hours to be considered for a scholarship.)
- The parents of applicants must have been CFT members for at least one full year.
- CFOP applicants must be members for at least one full year.
- Applicants must submit a completed electronic CFT/CFOP-Cincinnati Scholarship Foundation (CSF) application (accompanied with the required documentation listed below), identified with the CFT/CFOP logo, no later than APRIL 21, 2023,
The following documentation must be uploaded with the application (only applications that include these documents will be eligible for consideration):
- A minimum of two (2) letters of recommendation
- Copy of current transcripts
- One-page typewritten essay explaining why the applicant chose their major and how it will benefit society
- Signed Release/Agreement Form
GENERAL SCHOLARSHIP INFORMATION
- Scholarships awarded can be used only for tuition, books, and/or room and board.
- The CFT/CFOP Scholarship Committee will determine the number and amount of scholarships awarded.
- The Cincinnati Scholarship Foundation (CSF) administers all CFT/CFOP Scholarship Committee Awards. Once an applicant is notified of the award, they must comply with all CSF procedures for remittance.
- Scholarship checks will be sent to the college to which the student is accepted and to which the student has indicated in writing that he/she will attend.
NOTE: CFOP Applicants must fill out the application entitled CFOP Application for College Scholarship. This application is for CFOP members returning to school. If a CFOP member’s child is applying, that child must fill out the application entitled Student Application for College Scholarship.
Questions concerning scholarship(s) should be directed to the Cincinnati Federation of Teachers/CFOP Office at 513-961-2272 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.