CFT/CFOP offers a modest scholarship opportunity for the high school senior dependents of all of our members AND for CFOP members who wish to pursue further education leading to a BA/BS degree.
Scholarship Guidelines 2023
- To encourage Cincinnati Public School Students to pursue teaching careers,
- To increase the number of minority teacher applicants for Cincinnati Public Schools,
- To assist the children of Cincinnati Federation of Teachers members in obtaining a college education; and,
- To assist CFOP members who wish to pursue further education leading to a BA/BS degree.
GUIDELINES FOR AWARDING CFT/CFOP SCHOLARSHIPS:
- Applications are available online:
- Applicants must be entering college for the first time, except CFOP members pursuing their own education. (CFOP members must take 6-9 credit hours to be considered for a scholarship.)
- The parents of applicants must have been CFT members for at least one full year.
- CFOP applicants must be members for at least one full year.
The following documentation must be uploaded with the application (only applications that include these documents will be eligible for consideration):
- A minimum of two (2) letters of recommendation
- Copy of current transcripts
- One-page typewritten essay explaining why the applicant chose their major and how it will benefit society
- Signed Release/Agreement Form
GENERAL SCHOLARSHIP INFORMATION
- Scholarships awarded can be used only for tuition, books, and/or room and board.
- The CFT/CFOP Scholarship Committee will determine the number and amount of scholarships awarded.
- Scholarship checks will be mailed to the address on file for the applicant.
NOTE: CFOP Applicants must fill out the application entitled CFOP Application for College Scholarship. This application is for CFOP members returning to school. If a CFOP member’s child is applying, that child must fill out the application entitled Student Application for College Scholarship.
Questions concerning scholarship(s) should be directed to the Cincinnati Federation of Teachers/CFOP Office at 513-961-2272 or via email at email@example.com.